Gallo Pinto, or simply “Pinto,” as the Costa Ricans say, is the traditional dish of Costa Rican and Nicaraguan cuisine. It is a typical breakfast dish but can be eaten with any dish throughout the day. Though many variations exist, the dish at its most basic is composed of pre-cooked rice and beans, mixed together with spices such as cilantro, onion and peppers.
A similar dish is found in Panama and in El Salvador,where it is called Casamiento. Regarding the true nature of Gallo Pinto, it is believed that it came to be known through the Afro-Latino immigrants who live on the Caribbean coasts.
To download your recipe card, follow the instructions below:
– Click on the recipe card image below – this will take you to a new page with the recipe card on it.
– From here right click on your mouse and click the ‘save as’ button.
– Save the card wherever you choose and then open it up.
– Once you have opened your recipe card you print it using your chosen printer.
– All you have to do now is go shopping!
Alternatively, download the PDF version of September’s Supper Club recipe card by clicking here.
Are you a budding blogger? Or do you know anyone who is? Each month we get some bloggers to try out our recipes, and we’re always on the lookout for more people to give us their feedback. If you are interested in taking part, or would like some more information please drop us a quick email, our address is email@example.com.