Cataplana is a very popular and traditional dish from the Algarve. If you have ever travelled to the southern most region of Portugal, it is very likely that you have tried it or have at least heard of it. The recipe provided above is from the Vila Monte Hotel in Moncarapacho.
This charming, rural estate is a short drive from the fishing harbour of Olhao. Every day in Olhao, you can watch boats returning from their fishing trips and sample their catch in the local markets and on the waterfront food stalls.
This is the real Algarve, a resort that is proud of its heritage. Each Saturday, guests staying at the Vila Monte can visit Olhao with the hotel’s chef. Returning to the hotel in the afternoon for a cooking lesson and evening meal.
To download your recipe card, follow the instructions below:
– Click on the recipe card image below – this will take you to a new page with the recipe card.
– From here right click on your mouse and click the ‘save as’ button.
– Save the card wherever you choose and then open it up.
– Once you have opened your recipe card you print it using your chosen printer.
– All you have to do now is go shopping!
Alternatively, download the PDF version of February’s Supper Club recipe card by clicking here.
Are you a budding blogger? Or do you know anyone who is? Each month we get some bloggers to try out our recipes, and we’re always on the lookout for more people to give us their feedback. If you are interested in taking part, or would like some more information please drop us a quick email, our address is email@example.com