Sancocho is the National dish of Panama and probably the most popular soup (virtually a stew) in Central America.
It originates from the Azuero peninsula, and is made with chicken, vegetables, tomatoes, coriander, ñame and Yuca. Like many Latin America dishes, it can vary slightly from region to region.
Panamanian chefs make this national dish their own by tossing in extra ingredients such as rice, mazorca (corn on the cob), carrots, green chiles, plantains, and otoe.
To download your recipe card, follow the instructions below:
– Click on the recipe card image below – this will take you to a new page with the recipe card.
– From here right click on your mouse and click the ‘save as’ button.
– Save the card wherever you choose and then open it up.
– Once you have opened your recipe card you print it using your chosen printer.
– All you have to do now is go shopping!
Alternatively, download the PDF version of April’s Supper Club recipe card by clicking here.
Are you a budding blogger? Or do you know anyone who is? Each month we get some bloggers to try out our recipes, and we’re always on the lookout for more people to give us their feedback. If you are interested in taking part, or would like some more information please drop us a quick email, our address is email@example.com